Launched earlier this week, ‘Dr Col’s Vape Truths’, is an evidenced-based video marketing campaign on nicotine vaping, designed to fight the continued rampant misinformation presently being unfold by state well being departments, significantly in Queensland, New South Wales and Western Australia.
Asserting the marketing campaign on his web site Mendelsohn described the marketing campaign as follows: “Dr Col’s Vape Truths’ marketing campaign consists of eight quick movies correcting frequent misconceptions about vaping and is predicated on eight deceptive and alarmist movies by Queensland Well being. The movies cowl the next key proof:
- 1 Vapour is way much less poisonous than cigarette smoke.
- 2 Vaping considerably reduces the danger of most cancers relative to smoking.
- 3 Vaping nicotine doesn’t trigger severe hurt to the lungs.
- 4 Vapes incorrectly labelled as nicotine-free are dodgy disposable merchandise offered on the black market, not from respected companies.
- 5 There has by no means been a single loss of life brought on by vaping nicotine.
- 6 When people who smoke change to vaping, their respiration improves considerably.
- 7 Vaping will not be fully risk-free however is considerably safer than lethal cigarettes.
- 8 A lot of the chemical substances in vapour are current at very low doses and most trigger little or no hurt.”
Govt Co-ordinator of CAPHRA (Coalition of Asia Pacific Tobacco Hurt Discount Advocates) Nancy Loucas, highlighted how well timed the marketing campaign was. “Fortunately, the inconvenient reality about vaping has now landed on the laptops of Australians smashing all of the alarmist anti-vaping propaganda well being companies and officers are peddling.”
“Queensland, New South Wales, and Western Australia are throwing a variety of public cash at untruthful anti-vaping campaigns. Subsequently, grownup people who smoke in Australia are being actively discouraged from switching to much less dangerous nicotine options. Dr Col’s Vape Truths are nicely value a watch and fully expose Australia’s indefensible anti-vaping place,” she says.
The truth is in a letter dated Wednesday July twentieth, vaping activists from world wide known as on Australia’s Ministry of Well being, urging it to stop the continued assaults in opposition to the native vape business. This motion got here in response to a observe acquired by vape store house owners throughout Western Australia from the WA well being division, asking them to stop operations inside 14 days.
Seventeen vaping client organisations worldwide signed the letter in assist of the WA vapers, with director of the worldwide vaping advocacy group World Vapers’ Alliance Michael Landl reiterating how such actions will end in a public well being catastrophe.
“Vaping has been a lifeline for greater than 80 million individuals who struggled to stop smoking. It’s essentially the most profitable smoking cessation software up to now and has been acknowledged so within the UK, France, and New Zealand, to call a number of. Closing down vape retailers is not going to solely lead vapers to the black market in quest of their most well-liked merchandise but additionally stop many people who smoke from quitting conventional cigarettes as they are going to wrestle to search out options in the marketplace. By proscribing entry to hurt discount instruments whereas maintaining conventional cigarettes in the marketplace, the WA authorities is opening the doorways to a public well being catastrophe,” mentioned Landl.